A computer Security Specialist
refers to an individual whose main job function is ensuring the security and integrity of an organization's data.
They should understand and know how to:
• write, test and maintain
• plan, coordinate and implement
network security measures
They should be
familiar with traditional programs, object-oriented languages such as, C++ and Java, as well as other computer-aided software engineering (CASE) tools and artificial intelligence shells to create and maintain programs.
• Technical certification
• Computer programming experience
• 2-year technical school degree or Associate's Degree in computer science or related subject
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science (or other fields)
Ref: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Occupational Outlook Handbook
2004 -05 Edition
What to Expect
Security Specialists that have specific knowledge on wireless networking and cyber-space management are in demand in todays technology driven businesses.
Security Specialists who keep up on their skills, education and elearning will have the best career options.
A career as a Security Specialist can be pursued in a variety of industries such as government, wholesale and retail, manufacturing, data processing, finance, insurance and other information industries.
• Computer Security Specialist
• Systems Programmer
• Computer Systems Designer
• Computer Consultant
• Data Communications Specialist